Thank You for Registering
Thank you for registering with Modria Resolution Center. A confirmation email has been sent to email@example.com. Please click on the link provided in the email to complete your registration.
If the email does not arrive within the next few minutes, please check your spam folder. If you are still experiencing login issues, please contact customer support at 917-438-1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- on our website, accessible at www.modria.com (this "Site"); and
- via our online platforms, which are accessible through the Site (together with the Site, the "Service").
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Service, features and content, to administer your use of the Service and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Service.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you register with us through the Service to become a Member or when you engage in other activities via the Service, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
If you register to use the Service as a dispute resolution expert (e.g. a mediator or arbitrator), we will collect information related to your expertise (including, but not limited to, your resume, practice areas and professional references). We will use this information to evaluate your qualifications in connection your participation in the Service.
We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and your use of the Service (e.g., without limitation, information related to disputes you submit via the Service, information related to your transactions on the Service, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Modria Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Modria newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or via the unsubscribe option via "Settings" section the Service. (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
Log Data. When you visit the Service, whether as a registered Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Modria User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Service's technical administration, to increase our Service's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors' needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information, though we may associate Log Data with Personal Information and aggregate, analyze and evaluate such Log Data for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Modria. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- If you choose to provide information related to a Dispute via the Service, which may include your Personal Information, we will share information related to the Dispute with the other party to the Dispute in accordance with the selections you make via the Service. Please consider carefully the types of information you choose to share with third parties via the Service.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
- We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processors, third party dispute resolution professionals (e.g. arbitrators and mediators) and improvement of the Service's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
- Modria cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Modria or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers
- Modria may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Modria is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. Any sensitive, personal information (e.g., credit card number, secret security question, etc.) will be encrypted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL). While we strive to ensure the safety and security of your information, we also advise our users to stay alert under different security threats from the internet.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with
- the legitimate needs of law enforcement or
- any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Services
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
100 West San Fernando Street,
Suite 300, San Jose,